Vancouver, BC (December 13, 2017) - Reigning Canadian Porsche GT3 Cup champion Scott Hargrove is set to enter the 2018 Pirelli World Challenge with Pfaff Motorsports in the GT Sprint and SprintX classes with a brand new Porsche 911 GT3R. Their campaign will include support from Porsche Motorsport North America and Hargrove will be joined by a Porsche Factory driver for the SprintX races.
2017 was a fantastic year for Pfaff Motorsports and I,” said Hargrove. “We set our goals high and never lost sight of them all year. In 2018, we’ll be pushing those goals even higher, entering Pirelli World Challenge with the newly updated Porsche 911 GT3R. Together with the support of Castrol, Pfaff and Porsche Motorsports North America I expect we’ll quickly adapt and become a threat at the front of the field.”
Hargrove and Pfaff Motorsports will build on their success in the Canadian Porsche GT3 Cup, having won 10 out of 12 races in 2017. The team’s continuity of personnel and sponsors is sure to expedite the learning process of the new car and series.
“The 911 GT3 R is a completely different animal to the 911 GT3 Cup that we are used to racing,” said Steve Bortolotti, manager of Pfaff Motorsports. “It has been built specifically for endurance racing around the world, with predominately carbon bodywork, and breathtaking aerodynamics. It also demands a whole new level of precision in its setup, with far more adjustments possible when compared to the GT3 Cup cars we previously prepared. We’re thrilled to take this next step, and with the support of Porsche Motorsport North America alongside us, I’m confident in our ability to get the most from this platform.”
Hargrove has competed on many of the tracks on the Pirelli World Challenge schedule having raced cars across North America since 2011. The season kicks off at the St. Petersburg GP on March 9-11, a track where Hargrove has 2 wins and 4 podium finishes. Other highlights on the calendar include the famous Long Beach GP (April 13-15), the home race for Pfaff Motorsports at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (May 18-20), and the closest race to Hargrove’s home of Vancouver, BC at Portland International Raceway (July 13-14).
2018 Pirelli World Challenge Schedule:
- March 9-11 — St. Petersburg (GT Sprint, GTS)
- March 23-25 — Circuit of The Americas (GT SprintX, GTS, TC)
- April 13-15 — Long Beach (GT Sprint)
- April 27-29 — Virginia International Raceway (GT SprintX, GTS, TC)
- May 18-20 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (GT Sprint, GTS)
- May 25-26 — Lime Rock Park (GT SprintX, GTS, TC)
- June 22-24 — Road America (GT Sprint, GTS)
- July 13-14 — Portland International Raceway (GT SprintX, GTS, TC)
- August 10-12 — Utah Motorsports Campus (GT SprintX, GTS, TC)
- August 21-Sept. 2 — Watkins Glen International (GT Sprint, GT, TC)
- October 26-28 — Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (IGTC)
About Scott Hargrove: 22 year old British Columbian Scott Hargrove is the 2017 Canadian Porsche GT3 Cup champion driving for Pfaff Motorsports. Over four seasons in GT3 Cup, Scott has captured more than 30 victories, including 2 championships in 2017 and 2014. Scott also has an extensive open wheel racing background, having competed in every level of the Mazda Road to Indy, with numerous Pro Mazda victories and winning the 2013 USF2000 Championship.
You can follow Scott’s 2018 season over social media using any of the links below.
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/scott_hargrove/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ScottHargroveMotorsports/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/scott_hargrove
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottHargroveRacing
About Pfaff Automotive Partners: Pfaff Automotive Partners, a leading Canadian automotive retailer, was founded in 1964. Its brand offering includes Volkswagen, Toyota, Chrysler, Dodge, RAM, Jeep, Mazda, Audi, BMW, MINI, Porsche, McLaren, Singer Vehicle Design, Pagani, BAC Mono, and Harley-Davidson automobiles and motorcycles. It has a 50-plus-year racing history across many forms of motorsport. The company also operates Pfaff Tuning, Pfaff Leasing, and Pfaff Autoworks. For more information, please visit www.pfaffauto.com.